Calendar of Events
MAY MEMBER MEETING and Art Critique!
The meeting will be at Kathleen Swaydan's home studio and backyard.
3061 Ridgeview Drive
Altadena, CA 91001
Please bring your own chair and, because of COVID, your own snacks. PSA will provide water and sodas.
We’re back! And we’re starting a new program of sharing our art and getting feedback from our member friends.
Are you stuck? Do you want friendly feedback about your work? Do you want to see work that other members are creating? Do you want to connect with friends and make new ones? Do you want to talk about art? Then come to our March meeting and Art Critique.
Don’t be alarmed by the word ‘critique’.
It does not mean critical, and we have one rule:
comments must be articulate, kind and specific. Just saying “I like it.” or “I don’t like it.” isn’t allowed. What do you like? Is there a specific suggestion that would help the piece be stronger? What was your first impression of the work?
Here’s how it works:
· Bring one artwork. It could be a work in progress, or a work that is ‘almost’ finished, or fully finished.
· Participants will have 5 minutes to discuss their work: their inspiration, their process, and any challenges they had/have with the piece
· The audience will have 5 minutes to respond with what they see, make suggestions, or offer comments.
· Participants will be chosen at random – names drawn out of a basket.
· The number of participants will be determined by how many show up and how much time we have. Those who are not able to present this month will get “first dibs” for next month’s drawing.