Thank you for your interest in joining the Pasadena Society of Artists.
Our new member screenings are held twice a year. To get on the notification list for a reminder and receive more information closer to the date, please click on the “PSA Membership Inquiry Form” (in the text below, and/or on the left menu) and submit your info.
NEXT NEW MEMBER SCREENING
Submissions: Week of April 18 – 23
Jurying: April 24 - 28
Our Spring New Member Screening will be a virtual event where you can submit your artwork online. We will have from Sunday, April 18 to Friday, April 23rd to accept submissions.
Because this is an online submission, we are asking for 4 pieces of artwork. For artists whose work is 3-D, you are allowed to submit more images to show the details as needed. Digital images must be JPG's, high resolution file, minimum of 1000 pixels or 7 inches on longest side. For your photos, use good lighting, crop images to the artwork, or if sculpture, plain backgrounds are important.
Also, there is a $15 submission fee and you will need an Artist Bio and an Artwork Statement reflecting the body of work you are submitting. More details for the procedure and requirements will be sent to you nearer to that date.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your work.
To RSVP and if you have any questions, please email me at membership@PasadenaSocietyofArtists.org.
Marion Dies - Membership Chair/Pasadena Society of Artists
Click to download: Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of Membership:
- Exhibit your artwork in galleries, museums, public centers, and other venues in 2 large society-wide exhibitions and 3 to 4 themed or media specific exhibitions annually.
- Continue to develop your abilities through participation in events such as our regularly held Art Salons and Art Critique sessions.
- Participate in art-focused programs, workshops and demonstrations to further develop your technique and your promotional skills.
- Gain internet exposure on the PSA website: four artworks, bio, artist statement, resume and link to your personal website and email.
- Participate in PSA's annual portfolio project
- Network with other artist professionals in the community.
- Enjoy our 96-year reputation as a significant artist society in Pasadena.
- Learn the aspects of organizing exhibitions, presenting programs, and running an artist organization through volunteering in PSA activities.