Thank you for your interest in joining the Pasadena Society of Artists.
Pasadena Society of Artists conducts new member screenings twice per year. The Next New Member Screening will occur on October 15, 2023. If you are interested, please RSVP by emailing Marion Dies, our Membership Chair, at membership@PasadenaSocietyofArtists.org.
About a month prior to the screening, Marion will email you a packet of pertinent information outlining the next steps and requirements for submitting, including the times and location of the screening.
After receiving the details, all applicants are required to submit the following:
· A completed application
· Three original artworks (including media information on each piece of work
· A short (no more than a few paragraphs) "Artist Statement" including information specific to your submissions
· A $15 screening fee
If you have any questions, please email Marion Dies at membership@PasadenaSocietyofArtists.org.
Thank you, we look forward to meeting you and seeing your artwork.
Marion Dies - Membership Chair/Pasadena Society of Artists
Click to download: Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of Membership:
- Exhibit your artwork in galleries, museums, public centers, and other venues in 2 large society-wide exhibitions and 3 to 4 themed or media specific exhibitions annually.
- Continue to develop your abilities through participation in events such as our regularly held Art Salons and Art Critique sessions.
- Participate in art-focused programs, workshops and demonstrations to further develop your technique and your promotional skills.
- Gain internet exposure on the PSA website: four artworks, bio, artist statement, resume and link to your personal website and email, as well as posts in our social media feeds (Facebook and Instagram).
- Gain a wider audience with our weekly email blasts featuring our members' exhibitions and events.
- Participate in PSA's biennial portfolio project
- Network with other artist professionals in the community.
- Enjoy our 98-year reputation as a significant artist society in Pasadena.
- Learn the aspects of organizing exhibitions, presenting programs, and running an artist organization through volunteering in PSA activities.